YouTube Shorts: Driving Massive Views Using the Power of Short-Form Content
Take advantage of this new form of content to grow your following!
Did you know that in 2023 YouTube shorts are generating over 30 billion daily views worldwide?
Are you a content creator looking to grow your channel and still don’t know how to get started with shorts? Don’t miss out on this powerful form of content that has taken YouTube by storm!
What are YouTube Shorts?
- YouTube shorts are short-form videos that have become increasingly popular in the last two years, following the trend of short-form content from TikTok- another giant in this niche. Youtube Shorts was released in over 100 countries in June 2021 – generating an impressive figure of 15 billion daily views during that year.
Why are YouTube Shorts so Important for Channel Growth?
- Since they were launched, YouTube shorts have proven to be an extremely effective way to increase views exponentially, to gain new loyal subscribers and to promote your channel. After the rise of TikTok, there has been a tendency to lean towards shorter and shorter content, which has been exploited by many platforms such as Snapchat, Instagram, and YouTube.
So How Can You Grow Your Channel Using Shorts?
1. Engage your audience. Make sure your Shorts are creative, entertaining, and provide value to your audience. Some potential ideas might be tutorials, life-hacks, motivational videos, quick recipes, before and after transformations, teasers of long-form videos, etc.
2. Keep it fun. Whatever content you choose to create, make sure that it has an entertaining pace, since this is short-form content which should be engaging and easy to watch.
3. Use captions. When appropriate, add captions to your shorts to create interest and to help the viewer follow along.
4. Re-use long videos as shorts: This is a smart way to guide viewers to watch your long-form content and to further promote your channel.
5. Promote your content. Use your shorts as teasers preceding a long-form video: this is another way to promote your long-form content, which will in turn generate more views and help promote your channel.
6. Promote your Shorts on social media. Share your Shorts on other platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok to reach a larger audience.
7. Collaborate with other creators. Reach out to other creators in your niche and collaborate on Shorts to cross-promote each other’s content and reach new audiences.
8. Engage with your audience. Respond to comments and questions on your Shorts, and create Shorts that address the needs and interests of your audience.
9. Be consistent. Regularly upload Shorts to keep your channel active and engaging for your audience.
In the first example, Charlotte uses this short as a sneak peek to promote the long version of this video. The key here was to keep a fast pace and to pick the best content to draw viewers to watch the full video.
In the second example, Are You Super Cereal also creates shorts that work on their own, as standalone quality content. In this case, the idea is simple and easy to grasp, with a fast, entertaining pace to ensure a high retention rate.
YouTube shorts are a very effective way to engage new audiences and promote your channel, but watch out! Shorts are still part of your content, which means that you still need to be creative and offer a high-quality product. By the end of the day, producing great content is all that matters.
Tags: YouTube, Shorts, Creator, Content Creation, Growth