Do you enjoy doing internet research with your own creative strategy? If so…
We are looking for a head hunter/talent sourcer to help me, the CEO, hire teams for YouTube channels we are launching continuously (4+ channels per year, 3-4 people each channel). We need someone who can do the recruitment and talent sourcing strategy.
Note – you do not need previous talent sourcing experience for this role. The best candidate will be great at internet research, thinking creatively, and having a good sense of the YouTube creator community.
Our mission with these channels is to create entertainment that has critical thinking education within. By doing so, we can help viewers expand their perspective while being entertained. A channel we launched recently went from 100 to 60,000 subscribers in October serves as a good example (MrSpherical).
Roles we’ll focus on sourcing over the next year:
– Script Writers
– Voiceover Artists
– Video Editors
– Project Managers
– Finding specific consultants
– Finding influencers to sponsor
– We are looking for an internet researcher who likes to think strategically, and creatively, about how to find talent. Someone who is resourceful, and can think outside the box
– Someone who can manage an assistant talent sourcer to do the manual work, to execute your strategy
– Managing timelines, pipelines, and effectively delegating are necessary
- Recently, we hired two animators by searching for YouTubers with YouTube channels with up to 120k subscribers. The workflow for such a role looks as such:
- Define criteria for the role, job description, etc. (with help from myself)
- Define criteria for what keywords would be in the description of the YouTube channel, what category they’d be in, etc. Using Channelcrawler YouTube tool (with help from myself)
- Have an assistant talent sourcer do the search, and reach out to applicants
- From those who respond, do filtering to find suitable applicants!
Other sourcing methods include: subreddits and Discord (both successful recently for us). Or potentially Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or similar.
We will be hiring 2-5 positions each month. Pure commission at $250-1000 USD per role (depending on the role’s difficulty for sourcing + value to company). Alternatively, a small monthly salary is possible alongside (a smaller) commission. We can discuss this in the interview – but pay can become significant if you can quickly fill roles.
If you’re interested to learn more about our critical thinking education mission – check out this Notion page: https://nowcreatives.notion.site/Telos-Vision-Why-Shared-90a08228e8904868b576dcdfdd31c26f
- Job Security: The finances are backed by Now Creatives, our agency
- Relatively consistent number of hours per month, since we’re continuously hiring
- If you see the issues in the world surrounding people’s critical thinking, you can be a part in solving it, instead of feeling helpless
- Remote work within a small, fun team
- Fantastic portfolio content & career growth
- Apply on the Google Form link, here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScEO9u1919QYGf79DR1hR5hnSjhHckZ_siR0ao-ths20-d9wQ/viewform
- A selection of candidates will be reached out to, if successfully shortlisted.
- A selection of such candidates will do a 1-hour test, answering some questions about their approach to talent sourcing
- A selection of such candidates will do an interview with myself, the founder, Oliver
- 1-2 talent sourcers will be offered the position. 1 main talent sourcer, and (potentially) a second to help head-hunt via alternative channels